Social media marketing has a reputation for being an extremely complex advertising plan, but this is untrue. It is actually one of the easiest options out there and requires no fiscal investment. Using social media allows the business owner to interact on a more personal level with his or her audience and create a ripple through the internet. One simple video can turn into a plethora of traffic if the below advice is considered.
1. Do not neglect a website because you have never heard of it or because you do not think you can use it. New social networks might not attract your target audience yet, but they could very well become popular quickly. Follow trends closely and establish yourself on as many websites as possible.
2. When writing a social media blog for your business, remember to add Twitter. You can easily place a re-tweet button at the top of your blog. This will allow Twitter users to easily share your blog on their site. Think of all the potential that one button can have on your marketing efforts.
3. To get people to read the content that you share, give it an intriguing headline. Pose a question that they’ll want to learn the answer to. Use interesting words like “special” or “amazing”. The more curious people are, the more likely they are to read what you’ve shared instead of passing it over.
4. You should be flexible about how often you update your page. If you are launching a big campaign for a new product, people will expect frequent updates from you. On the other hand, if you struggle to find content to post, perhaps you should think about updating your status less often.
5. Use social networks to advertise your special deals in advance. You will get your audience more time to think about their purchase, and to realize how much they could save on your products. Post updates about what is happening in your stores. Perhaps you could do quick interviews of customers explaining what they bought and post them online.
6. When using social media to promote your business, it is important to remember not to pay or offer incentives for others to write good reviews of your business. In the same vein, do not do the same to denigrate rival companies. This comes across as tacky and cheating, and behavior like this can often easily be detected by others on sites such as Yelp. If you run a good business, it should speak for itself and the positive reviews will come.
7. Whenever you post something on your blog or update your website, write a Facebook post right away. Perhaps you should plan ahead and write your post in advance so that you are not rushed to do it. Remember that people subscribed to your Facebook posts to be updated about what you are doing.
8. Make sure you post new pictures regularly on Facebook or Twitter. Your friends and followers probably have a lot of content appear in their feeds, and they will be more likely to notice a picture rather than a text. You could very easily create different photo galleries for your products.
9. If you are going to use a micro blogging service, try getting as many followers as possible. Interacting with people and responding to comments on a micro blogging service is much harder when compared to using social networking websites, mostly due to the number of updates that micro blogging users get in their feeds. Post updates regularly and always look for new followers.
10. For the holidays, create a tutorial on original uses of your products. Perhaps your products can be turned into Halloween costumes or be used to prepare Thanksgiving dinner. People will love these videos if you use humor and if these tutorials are actually helpful to them. Encourage your friends and followers to send you pictures of their creations.
Gaining traffic is important, but it is more important that they take the step from traffic to customer. This can only be done if you create quality media and target the correct audience. Do not waste time or money trying to market to the entire online world when simple planning and the above tips can save you both.By John Whelan Advertise with proven marketing methods that yield great results…. You plug into my Co-Ops that convert at an astronomical rate, leaving everyone else in the dust and you earn 100% commissions.
- How to Use Pinterest to Promote Your Business (cmvlive.com)
- The Pitfalls of Social Media (cmvlive.com)
- 6 Reasons Why Your Business Must Have A Facebook Business Page (cmvlive.com)
- Creating A Facebook Fan Page For Business (cmvlive.com)
- Social Mobile Media to Be Next Big Thing (cmvlive.com)
- Blogging on a Social Network (cmvlive.com)
- Where Is Social Media Heading in 2012? (cmvlive.com)