Social networks are online services or platforms that focus on building social relations among people who sharing activities, backgrounds or real life connections. This means that the presence of your business in such a network translates to audience (other members of that network) .The main classes of social websites are those that contain categories linked to places such as former school mates.
This, as a result, ranks the following social sites as the five most visited as per a recent survey: 1.Facebook
In relation to business, social networks have an autonomous business model. In this model, a site’s member is both a consumer and a supplier. This is an advantage over the traditional business model because in the traditional model, the consumer is a distinct agent from the supplier. As a result, it means using the social networks makes it easier and more efficient to reach both consumers and suppliers in any market.
The two major avenues businesses use to increase audience are
1. Placing adverts in the site such as Facebook website.
2. Creating an account in the site. Or a page where other members of the network can like and view it.
Opening an account in a social website is the most effective and cheapest method. However, before you open the account, there are points to consider given that your aim is to increase or even maximize your audience.
1. What are the business needs? The business should use the account to satisfy its business needs rather than socializing.
2. Why is the business using this site? There must be a primary objective.
3. Who is the target? There must be a clear cut targeted market for which the account is targeted for.
After considering the above, the business should consider what types of websites they want to be on (this depends majorly on the type of audience they are targeting).
These sites include
1. Free social sites – such as Facebook, Myspace, Mezee.
2. Professional sites – such as LinkedIn
3. Industry specific websites – such as l-meet the more the business is precise on making decisions about the above criteria, the more they can manage to exploit social networks to increase their business audience.
Once the decision is made about which social site to open an account with, then there is need to assign business staff to take care of the account: updating regularly and providing making changes as needed. If a business opens an account on a social website site and does not take care of it, it creates a negative image. This can really limit the increased audience you are targeting as friends feel that they cannot recommend it to their friends.
Social sites also provide chat rooms which are a very powerful tool for communication. Mezee.me is one of such sites which are very cost effective and easy to navigate owing to simplicity of the site’s design. It enables one to get in touch with many different types of people and given it allows one to participate in numerous chats and video chat (one can even show a potential customer a product physically using the video chat),it is a very effective way to increase your business audience.
Generally, the social networks use the “social” aspect embedded in them to try and lure a potential customer/client. It is easy to get an audience when in a social mood than when using the formal advertising when people are in serious mood.This guest post by Ludwing Hernandez. Blogger and marketer specializing in social media and social networks platforms.